Social Media Producer
The Fuller Project is the award-winning global nonprofit newsroom dedicated to objective, groundbreaking reporting on women, to raise awareness, expose injustice and spur accountability.
Our correspondents in the U.S. and around the globe rigorously report on untold stories and the interconnected issues affecting women and their communities everywhere.
Our reporting often leads the news cycle and is published in prominent outlets, bringing the full story to a large and diverse audience.
Since 2015, our award-winning team has published hundreds of articles — from our TIME Magazine cover story on waitresses in American cities earning $2.13 an hour, to our four-part feature in Marie Claire on forced virginity testing in the U.S., to our devastating investigation into child sexual exploitation in the Philippines in The Washington Post. In 2019, our reporting won the Military Reporters & Editors, One World Media and Amnesty International UK Media awards.
The Social Media Producer will support the editorial team to build and grow our social media presence. In addition to day-to-day maintenance of our social media platforms, the Social Media Producer will help establish our organization’s voice and boost our visibility. The Social Media Producer will report to the Editor-in-Chief and have a dotted reporting line to the Chief Communications Officer.
The ideal candidate will have practical and creative experience across a variety of social media platforms, have strong attention to detail, and understand the basic tenets of journalism (newscycle, writing, fact-checking, high standards). The role is a full-time staff role with benefits.
- Manage The Fuller Project’s social media presence, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn by developing and maintaining the editorial calendar, creating and scheduling posts, boosting our visibility, and establishing the organization’s social media voice
- Grow our audience and maintain relationships with third-party platforms and partners
- Monitor relevant external social media accounts, including partner organizations, nonprofits, etc.
- Keep up-to-date with developing social platforms into which The Fuller Project may expand
- Coordinate with editors and journalists on innovative uses of social media and new ways of storytelling
- Collaborate with communications team on branding, website, and other needs
- Provide training and support to reporters on social media platforms and how they can use platforms to amplify their stories. Develop and keep up-to-date training materials.
- 2-3 years’ experience in journalism or communications, and a deep familiarity with various social media platforms and online news sites
- Strong writing, proofreading, editing, and web search skills
- Familiarity with style guides, journalism tenets, and ability to adapt journalism writing to a conversational and engaging voice
- Ability to react quickly in a fast-paced newsroom and to adapt quickly to changing technology
- Experience with creating social media visuals and other multimedia content
- A positive, collaborative attitude, and strong interpersonal and language skills
- Passionate for and demonstrated commitment to the mission and core values of The Fuller Project
- Ability to work productively in a non-partisan environment, guided by journalism ethics
This is a DC-based position, but will be remote until we can safely reopen our office.
Company perks/benefits information
Health benefits, vacation, maternity leave, relocation benefits for qualified candidates outside the DC area
How to apply
Candidates should submit a resume and cover letter as part of their application here. Along with the application, please attach or submit links to at least 2 work samples.